Find out how chiropractic treatment could improve your headaches.
Headaches are a real pain! While all people will experience a headache at some point, there are others that deal with frequent headaches. In fact, about 1 in every 20 adults has a headache every, or nearly every day, according to WHO. If you are having trouble getting your headaches under control or if you are looking for a drug-free way to treat your headaches, then your chiropractors in Broken Arrow, OK, Drs. Doug & Brent Newcomb can help.
What causes headaches?
To find out if you could benefit from chiropractic treatment, it’s first important that you pinpoint the cause of your headaches. One of the main causes is muscle tension. Blame all those hours we spend sitting in front of a computer in one position. Over time this can lead to joint and muscle problems in the shoulders, neck and back that can cause headaches. Common habits that we do every day could lead to tension headaches. These habits include,
- Driving for hours without moving or stretching
- Sitting in front of the computer all-day
- Looking down at your phone persistently throughout the day
- Teeth clenching
If tension is triggering your headache, then our chiropractors in Broken Arrow, OK, can help you.
What will a chiropractor do?
If you suffer from headaches brought on by muscle tension, there are several things they may do to help reduce tension:
- Perform spinal manipulation, or adjustments in order to realign parts of the spine to take stress off certain areas and improve functionality and mobility, all while reducing pain and inflammation.
- Massage therapy and other manipulative techniques may also be used to improve how the body functions as a whole to reduce headaches.
- Lifestyle choices, such as a healthier diet, better ergonomics in the workplace or ways to improve posture.
All of these things together can greatly reduce your headaches. We can even show you certain exercises and techniques that you can perform during the day to reduce tension and irritation to the muscles and joints, which could stave off a potential headache.
If you are looking for a drug-free, non-invasive, and safe way to combat your headaches, then chiropractic treatment may just be the best way to treat your symptoms.
Interested? Give us a call
Are you ready to sit down with us and find out how chiropractic treatment may be able to alleviate your frequent headaches? If so, call Newcomb Chiropractic Clinic in Broken Arrow, OK, today at (918) 251-4239 to schedule a consultation.